Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What's Your Emergency?


Derek has a new obsession with phones. He'll put the phone up to his ear and say "hello." Of course, he is only satisfied with the phone if it makes noise when you push buttons. We have enough toy phones that he should be satisfied but occasionally he gets a hold of a real one. The other day I caught him holding the real phone and I realized it was on so I quickly took it from him, turned it off, and put it on the charger. Two seconds later, I got a call asking me what my emergency was. It was the 9-1-1 operator responding to a hang-up call. Oops!

3 comments:

amy said...

Yikes! I worry about because we have a book that is supposed to teach kids how to dial 911. But Jack is still young enough to not get it. So we don't read that book too often.

Natalie said...

My kids have done that, too. Isn't it annoying? You'd think that seventeen toy phones and five old cell phones would sate their desire for telephony, but no such luck!

Here's a random, ridiculous, blast from the past: my word verification is "roluous". Does that mean do-able? :)

Heather said...

Of all the random variables of numbers he could push, he has to push that one!