Sunday, March 8, 2009

Almost Spring

I can feel it. . .it's almost spring. The sun occasionally shines, we started spring cleaning (when the sun shines in a room and I can see cobwebs, something must be done), and the canal is no longer dry.
Friday at 2:30 I looked outside and it was beautiful and sunny so I told the kids we were going out for a walk/bike ride. I had to retrieve the running stroller from the basement, raise bike seats, pump up 7 tires, go back into the house for warmer coats and gloves. Finally we were off just after 3:00. Apparently, Sydney doesn't know how to pedal unless she is going downhill (Garth says she's just lazy). Derek we discovered hates the sun in his face. But Carter did great! As long as I could keep him from going too far ahead of us. By 3:20 we were all back in the house reading books by the fire. It was a nice try and since I am a glutton for punishment, I'm sure we'll do it again soon!

No comments: