Saturday, March 28, 2009

Blisters and Basketball

The cause. . .


The effect. . .

Carter plays basketball for hours in our unfinished basement. His blisters got really bad because he would go down and play in bare feet. I appreciate that he can keep himself busy down there. In fact, you can see my Nordic Track in the background and he will play while I exercise. (Sydney usually rides circles on her tricycle.) Having this blister disease is such a bummer. Obviously I want him to be active, exercise, and get some energy out but sometimes I want to tell him "No more basketball" when his feet look like that.

Basketball is his latest obsession. As you can see, Garth coached his YMCA team this year. The season just ended and I think they both had a lot of fun. The boys made new friends and learned some new skills.

With March Madness upon us, Carter will ask me if he can turn on "some college hoops" in the middle of the day. If I tell him there isn't any on, he'll tell me that's okay, he can just watch some ESPN because they'll talk about college hoops. Wow, he sounds just like someone else in this house!

No comments: