Thursday, October 2, 2008

Valance

I have had this issue in my living room. I have a window, two doors, and another window all connected on the back wall. I bought some pretty red satiny panels but the bar all the way across looked silly. I then purchased a huge scarf and we wrapped it around the bar. That was sufficient for a while but we never really loved it (especially Garth). He started brainstorming and decided it would be a great idea if I made a valance out of the scarf. Easier said than done. I had to cut it a certain way because of the texture in the fabric so I actually have 5 separate pieces. Then I decided that beads would make it a little less plain. Anyway, here is the finished product. It's not the best picture because the sun is shining through the window, but you get the idea. Not bad eh? I actually didn't even do any sewing. My secret? Glue stick and an iron.

1 comment:

Heather said...

No sewing is my kind of sewing! Nicely done.