Sunday, October 26, 2008

6th Birthday

As of yesterday, Carter's week-long celebration of his 6th birthday is over. I am exhausted. I feel like I just went 8 rounds with a heavyweight champion.
Round One *Ding*
Grandpa John and Grandma Lori came to Carter's soccer game last Saturday and cheered him on and spoiled him with toys.
Round Two *Ding*
Saturday afternoon we went to the farm to press apple cider, eat Grandma Ele's chili and open more presents. Grandpa Norm and Grandma Ele got him some necessities and Keith and Karyna spoiled him as well.

Round Three *Ding* Sunday dinner at my mom's with cupcakes to celebrate Carter, Paige, and Payton's October birthdays. Grandma Julia got him this great suit.

Round Four *Ding* Cupcakes (had to be store bought so I had to make a special trip to the store) to Carter's Kindergarten class.

Round Five *Ding* Grandma Theresa surprised Carter during Syd's kindermusik. He had a birthday brownie and opened presents. Who needs lunch?

Round Six *Ding* The suit was adorable but didn't have a lot of growing room so my mom took Carter shopping to pick out another one (on his actual birthday). They found a great one and had fast food shrimp (really sad I missed that one!)

Round Seven *Ding* Finally some family time right before bed, Carter got to open presents from his family. The $7 General Grevous toy was the big hit.

Round Eight *Ding* Yesterday was the big friend party. I talked Carter into doing a Japanese celebration at our house. I really have a problem with Chuck E Cheese and those other kid places. Uncle Jordan came to help out. We made samuri headbands and Jordan wrote characters on them for the kids. The boys chose things like "power" and "warrior" both the girls chose "princess".

Then we went outside for some games. Pin the dot on the Japanese flag.Relay races with chopsticks.Japanese dancing bears. With authentic Japanese Christian Rock music!And of course, cake, ice cream, and presents.*Ding Ding Ding*

The winner is. . .

We made it! Now we can recoup and get ready for Halloween this week!

7 comments:

Natalie said...

What a cutie! And...I'm so impressed with the Japanese birthday party idea. That sounds like a blast! Way to go, Mini Martha. I'm sure you're pooped; I always laugh when kids realize that they can work their birthday out over a week or two (my nieces are great at that) instead of just one day. That suit is the cutest thing ever! Can you save Carter for Amber? :)

Heather said...

I can't believe he is 6!!! When did that happen?!? Cute kids as always.

Kellogg said...

Love the cake! That is one bad thing about living so close to family, the birthdays tend to take days because so many close by love you all so much. Thanks for the fun!

Jayson and Julianne said...

Hello, so fun. I didn't know you had a blog! Well I will add you immediately and keep in touch.

john and amber said...

What a fun idea for a birthday party! I can't believe Carter is 6...time flies! I love Garth's attire, too. :)

Nicole said...

You're funny! What a great birthday "week" (why don't we get a week {off} for our birthdays)?!

amy said...

If only everyone had 8 grandparents, birthdays would be much more fun!
Great idea for the Japanese party. I especially liked the dancing Japanese bears with Japanese christian rock music. Wish we were there.