Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Baby Shower

My cute cousin Erin is pregnant for the first time and we had a baby shower for her last weekend. I am not a huge fan of showers and must admit I wasn't thrilled to go on a busy Saturday afternoon but it turned out to be a lot of fun. I got to see a lot of my cousins and many of the girls that I taught when they were Laurels in my ward on the South Hill. I also got to see lots of old friends from that ward. It's funny that just moving North to Nine Mile really cut me off from so many people I knew growing up. I suppose it's because they weren't really that close of friends, it was just the convenience of seeing each other at so many church functions. My cousin Amber (Erin's big sister) surprised everyone and came all the way from Utah! It was so fun to see her because I don't get to very often. I also got to chat a long time with my friend Tia who lives in Colville. She and I have been friends literally since she was born (she was born on her Mom's birthday and since my mom was good friends with her, we brought her a cake in the hospital. . .I was less than 6 months old.) These are all the girl cousins that came that day. . .Kailee, me, Amber, Erin (the pregnant one even though you can't tell in the picture), Kelly, Jill, Kimberly, Kelly, and Stacey. I brought Sydney along and boy was she glad! They had decorated with a bunch of jars full of candy. The kids could go fill up these little red boxes with all the candy they could fit!Can't wait to meet baby Hudson in a couple of weeks!

No comments: