Thursday, June 21, 2012

Face Lift

I am not a very crafty person.  I can occasionally see someone else’s idea and duplicate it if there are very specific, step-by-step instructions.  Such was the case with this ugly old dresser.  (This was Garth’s dresser growing up and his mom informed me that she bought it second-hand for him!)DSC00409DSC00408Sydney is such a poser, she couldn’t handle me taking pictures without her in them.

I was complaining to my sister-in-law that I wanted to get a black dresser for my girls’ new room but they are SO expensive and I swear the drawers are too tiny to fit anything in.  She showed me a blog that had great instructions for refinishing furniture (and since the weather was too windy to ski) we decided to tackle the project.  While we sanded, my handy dandy brother Bryan made new tracks for the drawers since the old ones were all breaking and falling out.  Then we primed. . .DSC00418

and painted it black. . .DSC00420

The thing that gave it that perfect girly touch was the hardware Sydney picked out for it.  Girly, but not gaudy.  I love it!DSC00593DSC00596

No comments: