Friday, December 9, 2011

Service Minded

I am grateful for opportunities to teach my kids to be service minded.  Our church joined forces with Catholic Charities to do a big leaf raking service project.  The first weekend, they raked and bagged tons of leaves for elderly people then the next weekend, they picked up the bags and disposed of them.  They took some to a shelter-type place for mulch for their gardens.  The people who stay there work in the garden during the spring and summer.  My kids live a very cushy life so I was grateful that Garth took them to do this.  They both had good attitudes and worked hard.  I think it is so important for them to realize that many people don’t have it as easy as they do and how important it is to serve. 

 

 serviceservice2service3service4

No comments: