Sunday, November 27, 2011

Freeze Frame

IMG_2579okFor the past 6 months or so, I have wished I could freeze Olivia.  I am enjoying this little girl so much and it saddens me just a little to see her get bigger (not sad enough to have another one though :)

Olivia has a great sense of humor.  She makes me laugh every day.  I love her selectively grown up vocabulary like when we were heading to the lake one day and I asked her if she could see the water and she responded “eet not the water, eet ACTUALLY a lake!” 

When you call her silly or a princess or any other pet name, she will correct you and say in the sweetest but tiniest bit annoyed voice, “No, I’m just Olivia!”

IMG_2498okIMG_2507ok

She loves her status as the baby of the family.  I fear she may never leave the comfort of her crib or brave the toilet. I have tried to bribe her to go on the potty with a new big girl bed (I can’t wait to redo the girls’ room and get rid of that old nasty crib and changing table) but she respectfully declines. “It’s okay, I like to sleep in my crib.” 

She has a loud voice!  It’s not obnoxiously loud, just loud enough for the youngest in a loud family of four to be heard.  She does not let you forget about her!

I love this little girl.  She is a special spirit and although I look forward  to having her potty trained and a little more independent, I am soaking up these precious moments.

No comments: