Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Spring Training

It seems that when Spring finally hits in the Northwest, everyone is training for something. This year alone, I had friends and family training for half-marathons, full marathon, Olympic triathlon, Iron Man, Ragnar relays, and century rides. I am impressed at the time and dedication people put into these endeavors but I'm just not that into it. I officially gave up running last year because of knee problems (which cuts out most of these events) plus I am too cheap to buy a road bike and I feel like if it's a nice enough day to be riding a bike, I'd rather be skiing.
The one thing I miss from training for an event and completing it, is the sense of satisfaction and accomplishment that comes along with it.
This Spring, I single handedly moved 13 yards of river rock, one wheelbarrow load at a time from a huge pile into the long beds that go along the side and the back of my house. Okay, I know that is nothing like these events but I felt pretty proud of myself for setting my mind to it, and getting it done!



The only bad news is, 13 yards didn't quite cut it. I need several more to fill in around the hot tub and in three beds with trees.

2 comments:

Brimhall Designs said...

I'm impressed! Way to go Kacey.

amber and john said...

That looks great! That definitely deserves a feeling of accomplishment. I love getting projects done around the house and yard.

Love Syd's dance photos- so cute! Those muscle confusion stories were hilarious. And Carter's fish costume was very impressive!