1. I feel connected to other generations (mostly my mother and Garth's Grandma Ele)
2. The sense of accomplishment I feel when I hear that POP from the other room indicating one more jar that can go to food storage and not have to be eaten right away.
3. It is one of the rare occasions my "Inner Martha" comes out.
4. The joy of eating Five Mile Prairie peaches, applesauce, tomatoes etc. in the middle of the winter.
5. It is one step toward following our Prophet's council to have food storage.
Why I Don't Love Canning
What I've Canned This Year
5. Asparagus (pickled)
6. Spaghetti Sauce
What I still Want to Can this Year
1. Apple Pie Filling