Friday, September 5, 2008

Beginner Blogger

I have resisted the idea of blogging for a long time now. It was on that imaginary list I have of things that good moms do but I don't have time for. However, lately I have really seen the benefit of blogging. A friend of mine in book club truly inspired me. She is a great blogger and she has her blogs published into a book. It was the first time I had seen that. Her book is a treasure for her and her family and it made me think of all the experiences we are having as a family that are not being documented. My mother was a better mother than me in a lot of ways and I am constantly trying to be more like her. She wrote each Sunday in a journal for us from the time we were born. She wrote until we were 8 then she passed them on to us to continue ourselves. I did really well writing in my journal for several years. When I got to High School, my entries became sporadic then even less frequent in college. I have guilt over the fact that I quit journaling completely after college and I have no record of major events in my life like my engagement, temple marriage, and the births of our three children. I am generally very "computer challenged" so I am going to try to get over that and make this blog special for my family.

No comments: