Thursday, August 11, 2011

Lost At Sea

When I graduated from college, my Dad surprised me with my own water ski. From the first time I skied on it, I loved it! I've realized lately how amazing that is. I have tested a bunch of other people's skis in the past 8 years and I have never liked one as much as my own.
Sadly, last week, we were out skiing and I left my ski on the back platform as I pulled in the rope and put my gloves away. I then got distracted by a kid or a friend on the boat and forgot to put my ski in the boat. Garth was up next but decided there were too many boats where we were and drove up the river a ways before he skied. We realized after his ski run that my ski was not in the ski locker. My heart sank. We back tracked, asked other boats, had a couple of false alarms that turned out to be ducks, and eventually gave up. I honestly felt sick to my stomach the whole way home. I feel like I've lost a friend.

No comments: