Monday, August 8, 2011

Breakfast

Carter has a new found passion for cooking. He especially likes to wake up before me and make me breakfast. We had to learn a couple of lessons. . .like don't pour the milk onto cereal until people are awake. . .and use a knife to cut bananas, don't just mush them apart with your fingers. Recently he moved on from cereal and toast and learned to cook scrambled eggs and pancakes. One Sunday morning, I heard commotion downstairs and this is what I found.


He was doing pretty well. He plugged the griddle in, he just didn't turn it on so he couldn't figure out why they weren't ready to flip yet. We also had to practice putting the batter a little further from the edge to avoid spillage. It has been an adventure and a growing experience for him and I think his future roommates will thank me for teaching him to cook!

No comments: