Wednesday, March 27, 2013

This is What I Get

As I was on my way home from my girl’s weekend, I got a text asking when I would be home.  I responded 6:30 then I got this response and picture. . . “But we all miss you so much!”

photo

To which I answered “if that dog belongs to us, I am staying at Heather’s tonight”

Response “See you in the morning…”

I do NOT like dogs!!! I have never wanted a dog.  I think they stink, I think they are ugly, I think I have plenty of other things to take care of.  But my family wanted one SO bad!  So while I was off shopping and playing in Seattle, they went and picked up Q.  She belonged to a family in Palouse who couldn’t keep her anymore.  She is a 6 year old blue heeler, house trained, used to being outside, good with kids, and the laziest dog you’ve ever met.  I suppose if we had to have a dog, she is a good option. 

Even for a “good dog,” she has caused some extra work.  She ate our dinner off the counter one night, when Derek abandoned his cereal when the doorbell rang, Q jumped up to get it and spilled it all over the floor.  I have to remind kids to feed her, take her for a walk, then without mentioning it, certain kids will head out for a walk without telling me.  I know they are minor issues compared to potty and house training a dog and I suppose that’s why I have let her stay around.  That and the kids love her!

March 2013 001

March 2013 004

March 2013 003

March 2013 005

No comments: