Monday, September 13, 2010

Visitors

We were so lucky this year to have my Hawks Grandparents come visit from Southern Utah. From my door to theirs is a 15+ hour trip and the more kids I have, the less brave I am about taking the trip. Last year they came for my brother's wedding and Olivia's birth so I was surprised and excited when they decided to come again. At first, Olivia preferred Grandpa Howdy (his name is really Russ). But she eventually warmed up to both of them. We had a great time boating at a couple of different lakes.

We played at the splash pad, went out do lunches and dinner, and tried to soak up the precious time we had together. One of the days, Carter and Sydney really wanted to show them the Corbin Art Center where they had art class and the beautiful park (the name escapes me) that is next door. They were adorable little tour guides.




When we got back to my Dad's house, this is what I came home to. I can barely get Derek to take naps alone in his room. How in the world did he manage this?
We are so grateful for wonderful family and had so much fun just kind of dropping everything else and spending time with the Hawks that we don't get to see nearly enough.

No comments: