Friday, June 12, 2009

Last Day of School

Today was the last day of school for Carter. I was there because I was pricing books for an upcoming book sale. When the bell rang, Carter came to find me in the library and completely melted. He was crying saying he didn't want it to be over and he was going to miss his teacher etc. I was a little bit shocked! I knew he loved school but I didn't think he would be so emotional about it ending. I reminded him that he still had a good 16 years or more of school and before he knows it, he'll be a first grader!
These are two awards he got this month that he was very proud of. The first one he earned by doing physical activity. The time was converted into "miles" across our state and he completed the 800 miles in one month.
Then last week, he got Laker of the Month. He had been nominated 4 times this year but this was the first time he got the coveted award. He was so excited at the assembly. He was pumping his fist and grinning from ear to ear. He definitely doesn't lack enthusiasm!

1 comment:

amy said...

That is a super sweet story. What a good kid Carter is.