Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fall Sports

This weekend we sat through our last freezing football game. There is one more game but Garth and I will be in Costa Rica so for us, fall sports have come to a close.
Sydney played soccer for the first time. Let's just say I think we'll stick with dance. If you ask her, she'll say she liked it. I think the only thing she liked was being with friends. She very much prefered practice, and rarely wanted to go on game days. She did manage early in the season to score a goal but there was not much action the rest of the season. When the kids were all swarming to the ball, she would purposely fall in line behind everyone. She would run and chase but was intentionally out of the action most of the time. The poor Candycanes were 0-7 for the Fall so we are hoping for a win in the Springtime!
Carter played football this Fall. (He's #20 on the back row making the "tough" face). We, meaning Garth, decided to do Pop Warner this year. It was an interesting experience. I had no idea how intense a sport could be for 5-7 year olds. Their practices started early in August and were 5 days a week for 2 hours. They dropped down to 3 days then when school started it was only 2 days (plus a game on Saturday). I had heard horror stories of coaches and parents being WAY too intense and vocal. I think we lucked out with Coach Mike. He was tough but not mean. Our parents were also very supportive and not nasty.
There was a dad on our team that was so much fun! He would video every game and make a fun youtube video with highlights set to music. It was lots of fun for me because I missed a few games when they were right during nap time. This video is a fun sample and Carter scores a touchdown right away so you don't have to watch long. I vote to be on JoJo's team every year so we can have these fun videos! (I am way to technically challenged to do them myself!)

The Packers are 3-3-1 for the season with their last game this weekend. Although Carter started out as a star running back, he has now decided that he prefers defense. He likes to hit people (at least he keeps it on the field).

No comments: