Friday, May 28, 2010

Budding Artist

Sydney LOVES to draw, paint, color, write etc. I really enjoy seeing her artwork and it is fun to discover one of your kids' talents. She is creative, imaginative and quite accurate. The problem is that I get stacks and stacks of pictures like these on a daily basis.
Spring in Spokane. Rapunzel in her tower.
Getting excited for a field trip to Cat Tales (I love the lips on the tiger, and is she wearing earrings?).

These works of art sit around cluttering my counters and computer desk until one of us (usually Garth) tosses them. She makes so many, she never misses them but I do feel a little bad. I need a good guilt-free idea of what to do with them.

2 comments:

Brimhall Designs said...

I have read/heard before, to do what you just did with these ones. Take pictures of them/scan them in...so that you have a digital copy of them forever. That way you can still "see them" with out them taking up so much space. Then you could have a cd of her art work every year to file away, and she could look through when she gets older.

Jen and Ky said...

I think you have the perfect idea here! Scan them like you scanned the ones in this post then check out blurb, snapfish, winkflash, etc. and maybe think about making a "Sydney's Art Book" for Father's Day!