Friday, October 7, 2011

Fruit Fly Phenomenon

As my peaches sat rapidly ripening on my counter, I wondered. . .are these fruit flies already in my house? or do they somehow smell the fruit and find their way inside? Either way, it's really gross. In other buggy news, check out this perfectly preserved bug sauce. . .I mean applesauce. It's hard to tell in the picture, but that black spot in the bottom is little bug. The poor thing suffered a terrible death drowning in applesauce and boiling to death in the canner.

2 comments:

amber and john said...

Yum...peaches! I love fall. What a fun post about your chickens! Poor little Olivia with her bloody noses. Your kids look so big in their back to school pics.

Did you receive my email I sent recently? We'll be coming in town the first week of November- let me know...maybe I have the wrong email address?

Jas & Cam Fam said...

Hey you! I have been catching up on you thru your blog! I can't believe how big your kids are getting! The time just flies! I know I have said this before but we really do talk about coming up to Spokane often and if we ever do...I would love to see you guys!
I just started blogging again. I sent out our address but I don't think I have your current email. Our blog is not private. The address is jascamfam.blogspot.
Hopefully we can stay in touch better now!
-Camille