Wednesday, October 6, 2010

2010 Ski Stats

The boat is out of the canal, it has been cleaned, covered, winterized and is resting til the spring. I thought I'd do a quick summary of the great improvements we made in the water this year.
Sydney:
Actually asked to go skiing a couple of times! She got pretty nervous once she was in the water but said "hit it." Her skis planed and technically she was up but never totally in control.

Carter:
Was the first one to get in the water in May and skied all the way into October. He is not afraid of the cold. He volunteered himself to be part of the rotation every time we were out. He can now put his own skis on and get himself off the platform and into the water without help. From his first time out, he crossed the wake a bunch and was really trying hard.

Halfway through the summer, after watching a lot of slalom skiers, he decided to start letting go. It was so adorable how he would cut out, let go, then really cut back. I was impressed at how much speed he would have crossing the wake. He bit it a few times but was very tough and thought it was really cool when he'd fall hard enough that the zipper on his life jacket would unzip to the buckles.

He also decided he wanted to be the youngest slalom skier in the family. Since I started at age 11, he had plenty of time but he asked Grandpa Doug to bring the "Shark" ski that I learned on.

Look how close he got! His ski started to plane but he kept getting pulled over the front. Maybe Santa will bring him a new ski and he will be the first 8 year old slalom skier in our family!

Garth:
Invited some customers, Scott and Judy out skiing. Check out these cool long boards that Scott makes. He turns old wooden skis into amazing skateboards.
Scott also got his hands on an air chair and decided he and Garth should give it a go. There were moments of shock, hilarity, and pure entertainment watching these two. Garth will not be taking up the air chair any time soon!
Garth also got a new ski this year. He got me a ski to demo and grabbed this one just because. I hated the one I tried (the one that was on major sale), and Garth fell in love with his. We think the 80's graphics are wicked awesome. I must admit that Garth reached a new level of skiing this year. I wish I had pictures, but I was always driving.
Kacey:
Got to ski all summer! No pregnancies, No nursing, nothing to stop me. I enjoyed this summer immensely! My favorite line of the summer was one day at Porcupine bay with my family. I skied one of my best runs ever and I was feeling pretty good about myself when I got in the boat. My brother Bryan said, "You know, if you put on 50 pounds your spray would be a lot more impressive!" I think I'll pass.

No comments: