Tuesday, November 10, 2009

An Anniversary Program

This past Sunday was our 9th anniversary. Where does the time go? We don't usually do much to celebrate our anniversary and this year was no exception. I spent all day Saturday working the book sale at school and we opted out of dinner that night for lack of a decent babysitter who can handle 3 kids and an infant (who doesn't care for a bottle). Garth did surprise me with these awesome pink skullcandy headphones for my ipod. Then Sunday was "the program." Anyone who has been in primary knows exactly what I'm talking about. It is what we work towards all year long. We are constantly teaching themes and songs that will be included in "the program." This year's theme was My Eternal Family. I was smart enough to delegate the responsibility of the program to my counselor Shelli (who is much less flaky than me) and she did a fabulous job. It was written well and flowed so smoothly and there were touching personal stories from the kids. I was sitting in the pew with my family and was grinning from ear to ear. It is so cute to see the kids and their different personalities and wonderful to feel their pure faith and spirit as they say things like "My family can be together FOR-EV-ER" (Sydney's part). I am so glad that Garth and I got married in the temple 9 years ago and started our forever family!

4 comments:

john and amber said...

What a cute picture of you two! Congrats on 9 years, that's awesome!

I'm sure it is a relief to be done with the primary program...we had ours this past Sunday too, and it was so nice to just sit and watch and not be involved, rather than being stressed about it. The kids are so cute! :)

I forgot to say in my comment in your previous post, that I absolutely loved Carter's dancing at Kelly's reception...what a cutie! He must get his moves from his cool parents!

Natalie said...

That picture is darling! I love it. Congratulations on nine years...that seems so crazy to me! I remember your wedding so well. You have an amazing family and I'm blessed to know you. Good job on the Primary program (delegation is the best skill to have!) and I too love to see all the cute kids. Ours is Sunday and I can't wait to see Amber do her part.

Heather said...

Congratulations!

Kellogg said...

Congrats!